Would you like the remake to have an alternate ending?

Jan 14, 2018
Aeris' death is one of the most shocking events in Final Fantasy franchise history. She is a well loved central character but she got killed so Cloud will have the motivation to have revenge against Sepiroth.

For sure her death is an Iconic moment of the game but what if the remake will give us a challenging option of trying to save her.

This can motivate players to play for a second time

This is a Final Fantasy 7 mod that improved this scene:

Oct 24, 2017
I think it's hard to say what the alternative ending would be. Because we are already so much fixated on existing ending. And it kind of makes you feel like let's stick with what developers have made so far.

Jan 14, 2018
I am not sure if you read the topic or not but the Alternate ending is to save Aerith's life. If you are a fan of 7 you know her death is the reason why people hates Sepiroth because he killed her.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I can see where you are going with trying to tweak the remake in giving players the chance to change the storyline of the game in FF 7. As much as I would like to have it done in the remake, it would change the storyline of Cloud seeking revenge on Sepiroth for killing Aerith. So, it's just going to change the entire storyline and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, of course I would- and maybe make a time travel game- where you would you be able to go back in time and save Aerith. It would be great to get another try at this game though and stop Sephiroth from doing this evil thing. Aerith should have told Tifa or Barret where she was goiing though- and they could have maybe helped her?

Oct 24, 2017
I am not sure if you read the topic or not but the Alternate ending is to save Aerith's life. If you are a fan of 7 you know her death is the reason why people hates Sepiroth because he killed her.
Good point. But there seems to be another tangent to this where sepiroth can win and the game can be extended into another sequel. I am not sure if the developers planned such. But there are many such extension possibilities.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, of course I would- and maybe make a time travel game- where you would you be able to go back in time and save Aerith. It would be great to get another try at this game though and stop Sephiroth from doing this evil thing. Aerith should have told Tifa or Barret where she was goiing though- and they could have maybe helped her?
Time traveling? I never thought of that, I'm sure it's going to be a good inclusion in the game if it's possible but it's still going to change the storyline from having a revenge quest which I believe made Cloud to have a strong dedication in getting justice.

Apr 10, 2018
Woah, I just got spoiled there. I haven't played the original FF VII yet!

Just kidding, I've seen a Youtube clip of her death ages ago. :D

It would really be nice to have multiple endings based on your choices like other games do. :)

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
Alternate endings add replay Value. Aerith's death is still the canon and official ending but seeing alternate scenarios will be nice. Let's say saving Aerith can have a harder difficulty.

We can also have a bad ending where Sepiroth wins and killed everyone. It will be the bad ending.

Bad Ending-Sepiroth kills everyone
Canon Ending- Aerith's death
Good Ending- Aerith still died but with a more dramatic and epic scenery like her having proper burial.
Hard mode ending- You will get to save Aerith

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
It's true that remaking the game to have alternative ending would force a lot of gamers who aren't pleased with the death of some characters to reply the game and it as well adds to the pocket of the game developers. So therefore, it's a win - win situation from the way I'm seeing it.

Apr 22, 2018
Saving Aerith might offend the purist fans though. Her death is one of the most iconics of the game and saving her will make things weird story wise but it won't be harmful if it's non canon.

Oct 25, 2017
Armenia
Saving Aerith might offend the purist fans though. Her death is one of the most iconics of the game and saving her will make things weird story wise but it won't be harmful if it's non canon.
It won't change the canon, she is still dead. The alternate ending is just another incentive for playing the game for the 3rd or 4th time. Replay value makes games worth playing.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
I don't remember Final Fantasy games having alternate endings aside from 6. VII having alternate endings would be good as long as the alternate endings are non canon.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: