What is the best Version of Suteki Da Ne?

What is the best version of Suteki Da Ne

• Rikki (Japanese) first recording

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Susan Calloway (English)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Rikki (Japanese) Autumn version

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Lee Soo Young (Korean version)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
Final Fantasy X

Suteki Da Ne is the first Final Fantasy themesong that is only released in Japanese. Melodies of life have 2 versions on released while the themesong of Final Fantasy X is only recorded in Japanese during the release of Final Fantasy Ten.
I think this song really hits the spot when it comes to the love story between Yuna and Tidus. Yuna is an existing person while Tidus is just a dream of an Imagination.

This is the first version, It was sang by Rikki

Rikki also released another version of the song for her Album:

On recent years different versions of the song had been officially released.

Square Enix released an English version by Linda Calloway:

Korean Singer Lee Soo Young released a Korean version.

Jan 14, 2018
The English version is cringe inducing because Linda Calloway have pronunciation issues with the single Japanese line. She pronounces Suteki Da Ne as Zoo day key duh neigh. They should have trained her to pronounce that single Japanese term better or they could have fully translated the song into English. Suteki Da Ne means "Isn't it wonderful"

Nov 10, 2017
I did not really know all of that about the English version but I do know I did not really like it. It is kind of nice to know more of the reason behind that now though.

Sharon

Nov 27, 2017
Hey hey hey, To be fair with the English version, At least it some originality because the Korean version was a lazy rehash. It didn't even have it's own arrangement. It used the instrumentals of the Japanese.

Addap Earver

Sorceress of the Stone
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who prefer's Susan's version? I love how raw sounding it is because it is minimalist arrangement and I love Susan's mature voice.

Apr 18, 2018
The Korean version sounds like a cheap karaoke cover because it uses the same recording from Rikki's version. If they have no budget they could have gone for an acoustic cover.

Nov 10, 2017
I am not sure I could ever look to one and say it was a lazy rehash but I did get a good laugh from that one. I would say my personal favorite is the English but I am very biased here.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: