What do hate about Cloud vs Sephiroth fight

Mar 9, 2018
Hello Final Fantasy 7 fans, we all know about the hellicious fight that went on between Cloud and Sephiroth in the game. It was one of the greatest fights witnessed in the game. Some things were good and some were bad about the fight in my opinion.

But I'm more of a critique because it brings the out the flaws in something. One thing which I didn't like about the fight is how both Cloud and Sephiroth flew around without any wings during the combat, it doesn't make it look real. It was along the end that Sephiroth's appeared. I didn't like that about the fight one bit.

What don't you love about their fight?

May 7, 2018
Cloud and Sephiroth fight from the Final Fantasy 7 has been very famous, however, just like you, I did not like many things about it. First thing is that it did not make me feel real. Means I could not imagine myself in the fight.

It was sounding slow and I thought that it would be faster enough imagining myself to be either Cloud or Sephiroth. Every combat should be filled with enthusiasm and I did not feel the enthusiasm.

Though I love the character of Cloud too much, I was watching only him in the combat not wanting Sephiroth to appear before him. Altogether, it did not hit my senses much, it could have been better and faster.

Oct 24, 2017
It's the fight of good vs evil. I love sephiroth's character. But considering the norm, he is supposed to lose. But we all know that if this were to be real life, he'd win over the cloud. Plus lot of things sephiroth says makes sense. It's just that not having a norm for those things makes him evil. I'd say lot of such variables contributed to making the fight much better in this context.

Mar 9, 2018
Cloud and Sephiroth fight from the Final Fantasy 7 has been very famous, however, just like you, I did not like many things about it. First thing is that it did not make me feel real. Means I could not imagine myself in the fight.

It was sounding slow and I thought that it would be faster enough imagining myself to be either Cloud or Sephiroth. Every combat should be filled with enthusiasm and I did not feel the enthusiasm.

Though I love the character of Cloud too much, I was watching only him in the combat not wanting Sephiroth to appear before him. Altogether, it did not hit my senses much, it could have been better and faster.
Yeah, sounds familiar what you think about about the fight not being real. A lot of things went wrong, take for instance when Sephiroth used just one arm to pierce Cloud's body and held him up in the air, that's a bit too excessive from Square Enix, they should do better than that.

Mar 9, 2018
It's the fight of good vs evil. I love sephiroth's character. But considering the norm, he is supposed to lose. But we all know that if this were to be real life, he'd win over the cloud. Plus lot of things sephiroth says makes sense. It's just that not having a norm for those things makes him evil. I'd say lot of such variables contributed to making the fight much better in this context.
I seriously doubt if Sephiroth would have beaten Cloud in the fight. His evil part gave him extra power which made him fought well but without it, he is no match for Cloud and remember Cloud has beaten him before, something which Zack reminded him when he went into trance.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
It wouldn't be nice to say that the whole fight between Cloud and Sephiroth was 100%, some part of it was really awesome and I enjoyed those parts. But just like some people pointed out that some things were exaggerated in the fight which made it look unreal. Excessive flying around without wings is the most annoying part of the fight for me.

Mar 9, 2018
It wouldn't be nice to say that the whole fight between Cloud and Sephiroth was 100%, some part of it was really awesome and I enjoyed those parts. But just like some people pointed out that some things were exaggerated in the fight which made it look unreal. Excessive flying around without wings is the most annoying part of the fight for me.
There was a time in the fight when Sephiroth brought out one of his wings and I was like, so there was a wing before and he was flying around without it before. How possible was that? Personally, in my opinion, that's the major flop I saw in the fight.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
At the end of the fighting before Cloud defeated Sephiroth, he manipulate his sword to split into more than 5 pieces rotating around, where he flew towards each of the sword and attack Sephiroth with it, which outrightly led to the defeat of Sephiroth. Now my question is how is it possible for an iron sword to hang up in the air without falling down?

Oct 24, 2017
I think it's the outcome that everyone is hating. And I personally think that sephiroth death is kind of tragic too. I don't consider him as the vilian. It was expected he'd die due to the story plot.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's the outcome that everyone is hating. And I personally think that sephiroth death is kind of tragic too. I don't consider him as the vilian. It was expected he'd die due to the story plot.
Something seriously need to be done with how Square Enix makes its subsequent plot. What transpired between the tussle of Cloud and Sephiroth wasn't cool at all.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
There was a time in the fight when Sephiroth brought out one of his wings and I was like, so there was a wing before and he was flying around without it before. How possible was that? Personally, in my opinion, that's the major flop I saw in the fight.
I must admit that I was surprised and amused seeing that as well. It was such 7 funny thing because they were hung up in the air clashing swords with touching the ground without wings. Maybe the have zero gravity.

Apr 22, 2018
This one fight you couldn't loose, l don't know how to call it but, the fifteen-slash technique Cloud used to defeat Sephiroth in the Lifestream is an epic one.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
This one fight you couldn't loose, l don't know how to call it but, the fifteen-slash technique Cloud used to defeat Sephiroth in the Lifestream is an epic one.
Yeah, that was awesome. He literally hanged in the air and obliterated Sephiroth giving him no chance to muster up a defense. Cloud was a bad ass in that fight.

May 12, 2018
I am not sure about how others think about the fight, but I was a little disappointed when I first played the game. I thought I was going to have a one on one epic battle with Sephiroth in his normal form. I picked up the controller, nervous from the music and feeling that I celebrated too early on defeating Safer Sephiroth. Then you just use Omnislash and win. I was expecting a real fight and was a little upset I did not get it.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I think that Sephiroth changing form and going all evil made the fight to be more interesting and intense. Without him turning, it would have been an easy battle for Cloud. I think that's a good thing in the fight if you ask me.

Oct 25, 2017
I would say Sephiroth had a bad day, when Cloud defeated him in Final Fantasy 7, because Sephiroth was part alien and part human, also he was a first class soldier as well- and the strongest dude. I think Sephiroth was caught off guard, and fighting with Zack wore him down, and then Cloud managed to sneak up on him.
sephiroth_250x250___gif_by_robbiebr-d6uunxc.gif

Last edited:

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I would say Sephiroth had a bad day, when Cloud defeated him in Final Fantasy 7, because Sephiroth was part alien and part human, also he was a first class soldier as well- and the strongest dude. I think Sephiroth was caught off guard, and fighting with Zack wore him down, and then Cloud managed to sneak up on him.
View attachment 338
I really wouldn't say that Cloud sneak up and beat Sephiroth in their fight because from how I saw it, Sephiroth gave Cloud one hell of a beating, it's only by a slim chance of luck that Cloud was able to defeat him with that multiple unique combo skill.

Nov 10, 2017
Now my question is how is it possible for an iron sword to hang up in the air without falling down?
I remember thinking that too and then some other ones along the same lines. Right afterward though I am usually able to just keep on and move past those sorts of things.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I remember thinking that too and then some other ones along the same lines. Right afterward though I am usually able to just keep on and move past those sorts of things.
Anyways, I believe it's just the way that Square Enix built the game in terms of fighting techniques. Just like Noctis have his own signature move called the Engine Blade, I suppose it's Cloud's signature move.

May 12, 2018
Nomura said that Sephiroth didn't exert himself in this fight in an interview back in the day. It's like they made Sephiroth extremely arrogant. He had many chances to kill Cloud, but instead, he decided to play with him by toying with him around.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: