Reasons you stopped playing Final Fantasy 12

Mar 19, 2018
Some people.....they do hate final fantasy 12(or at least a lot do) nowadays. I've noticed a lot of hate and frustration against the game, and have decided to put my two cents in on the issue. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't post attacking the game and saying that it's bad, in fact, I love the game. As much as I love the game though, I'm not oblivious to its flaws in game design, story and whatnot.

FF12 introduces some strange new play mechanics into the series, setting itself apart from the rest of the FFs, such as random treasure chests. Now one of my favourite parts of earlier FFs was the fact that you could be rewarded with awesome new armor/weapons/gear for exploring new facet of each dungeon . Oh sure, you could just run through an area just for the sake of getting through, or you could take the time to explore and find hidden nooks and crannies. None of that is in FF12.

Another strange play mechanic would be the fact that this game equipment matters more than levels. This means that levels don't have much of an impact on your character as the quality of your amor/weapons. Basically if you are having trouble on a boss or in a certain section with high level enemies, levelling up will do you little good as long as you have your current armor. I can go on and on, but do you have any reason you don't or you think people don't like FF12?

Oct 25, 2017
From the very first FF game up to the last one, people have different preferences. There are those who like FF6, while others like FF12, as an example. Just the way we are different, then we can not see things the same. So I am not amused to hear that there are some individuals who hate FF12. And they have their own reasons.

Nov 10, 2017
Much like any of the other games when I get really into them for a while, after a bit I just need to change things up and need something new. Even though it is often a same game in the series it tends to work well for me and then I can go back after a short time.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
There is no way everyone would love all the series of Final Fantasy games, there are some that would fancy playing FF 6 but not FF 8 or 9 and so on. So therefore, everyone has the choice to make and one cannot be criticized for favoring a particular series of the game.

Mar 19, 2018
There is no way everyone would love all the series of Final Fantasy games, there are some that would fancy playing FF 6 but not FF 8 or 9 and so on. So therefore, everyone has the choice to make and one cannot be criticized for favoring a particular series of the game.
No one if criticizing! Am just listing several reasons why I feel they don't like that Final Fantasy.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
No one if criticizing! Am just listing several reasons why I feel they don't like that Final Fantasy.
Alright my friend, we all have our reason to play or not play a particular game and one's decision must be respected by others. So therefore, I rest my case in that regard. If you don't want to be playing FF 12, I definitely don't have anything against it.

Mar 19, 2018
Alright my friend, we all have our reason to play or not play a particular game and one's decision must be respected by others. So therefore, I rest my case in that regard. If you don't want to be playing FF 12, I definitely don't have anything against it.
I think you misread the whole thing. I was trying to list reasons that people other than me don't like the game. Personally I loved it and had so much fun playing it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think in this game, Final Fantasy 12- is that some of the characters are a little underdeveloped- and Vann is the lead but a bit underdeveloped as well, but they still have some good characters in this game. People complain about this Final Fantasy game, but they just need to be more open-minded when they play.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
I think you misread the whole thing. I was trying to list reasons that people other than me don't like the game. Personally I loved it and had so much fun playing it.
Alright, anything you say my friend, it's all good as long as one still enjoys his or her favorite version of the Final Fantasy games franchise. It's the only thing that is important in my opinion.

Nov 10, 2017
I would say that you can always look at a game and say that characters are under developed, but then I always think to the fact that there are multiple games in the series. I guess I am just used to waiting around a little bit for that development, but it may not come at all.

May 12, 2018
Talking about FFXII, I truly respect the fact that some gamers don't like it. Let's face it, it is not for everybody. But still, if someone left the game because they absolutely did not like the story and gameplay, then they have every right to hate the game and to stop playing it.

The primary point that I am trying to get across is that if you did enjoy the story and gameplay, but something has caused you to stop because you got distressed or stuck with a certain area or enemy, then just try to take the time to work through it, because for sure, that specific area is just a small part of the game and what goes after it is well worth it for those who are still interested.

Feb 22, 2018
Well said.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: