- Feb 21, 2018
A lot of new content is coming to Final Fantasy XIV when the next patch becomes available in May. The biggest addition is the continuation of the storyline in the Stormborn expansion, which adds several new scenario quests, a new dungeon and Ivalice's Ridorana Lighthouse, among other things. Square's press release has everything you need to know.
It also contains some of the first real information about the Final Fantasy XIV Companion app, which will allow you to perform several activities in the game's world from wherever you are. You can chat with friends, organize events and rearrange your inventory, put up items for sale (and buy them as well)...you can't play the actual game on your phone, but you can take care of incidental business while you're away from your console or computer.
LOS ANGELES (April 16, 2018) – The eagerly awaited next chapter of the Ivalice 24-man alliance raid series is set to arrive in FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online late this May when Patch 4.3 goes live. Titled Under the Moonlight, Patch 4.3 brings a wealth of new content to the critically acclaimed MMO and continues the thrilling story of the Stormblood® expansion.
Adventurers will also be able to explore a new dungeon, take on new trials, and can level up their crafting and gathering skills by accepting the new Namazu beast tribe quests. Details on the main contents of this patch are revealed below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The story of Stormblood continues.
- New Alliance Raid – The Ridorana Lighthouse.
- New Trial
- New Dungeon – The Swallow’s Compass.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Namazu.
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords, Doman Reconstruction and Further Hildibrand Adventures.
- New Deep Dungeon – 100-Floor Heaven-on-High.
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka Expansion – Pagos Expedition.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid – Ultima Weapon.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new more powerful gear and more.
Additionally, alongside the contents of Patch 4.3, SQUARE ENIX ® showed a first look at the outline of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Companion mobile app currently in development. All players that download the app will be able to enjoy benefits such as the following:
- Chat with friends and free company members
- Organize events with the scheduler
- Organize inventory and armoury chest
- Peruse the Market Board
- Put items up for sale and purchase items
- Register an additional favored destination Aetheryte
An optional, Premium Plan is also available, which unlocks the following features for a monthly fee:
- Organize Saddlebags and Retainer Inventories
- Saddlebag capacity is doubled
- One additional Retainer can be employed
Details of the app release date will be shared as they are confirmed.
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial allows new players to easily join the millions of adventurers in the realm of Eorzea™. The free trial allows anyone to access all available content up to level 35 (including the new Rival Wings PvP), create up to eight playable characters, and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. All editions of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, including the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood™ expansion, may be purchased through the Square Enix® Online Store.