News: Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age Arrives for PC on February 1

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 23, 2017
LOS ANGELES (Jan. 11, 2018) – Following the resounding success of over a million units of FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE™ shipped last year for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, SQUARE ENIX® announced that players can visit the wondrous world of Ivalice on PC beginning February 1.

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE on STEAM® will release with all of the modern advancements and features available in the PlayStation®4 version, such as latest-generation visuals, a remastered soundtrack, new Speed and Trial modes, fast forward function, and many other enhanced features. The following new features will also be added for PC users:
  • 60FPS - Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
  • Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors - Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16x3):9 experience.
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus - Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
  • Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
  • Maximized License Points and Gil - New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
  • Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.

Fans can learn more about the new features the PC version has to offer during special launch program on Thursday, February 2nd at 12:00 a.m. Pacific, where Producer Hiroaki Kato and Director Takashi Katano will answer questions presented by FINAL FANTASY fans on Twitter. Viewers can tune into the program, complete with English subtitles, on the Square Enix YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/FinalFantasyOfficial .

SQUARE ENIX has also unveiled a brand-new Collector’s Edition for the game, available now for pre-order exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store for $149.99. The Collector’s Edition features an official Collector’s Edition Steelbook™ with the original soundtrack, a five-piece Judge Masters Bust Set, six-card art set and a digital download code for the game.

Fans that purchase the game through STEAM within the first week of launch will also receive a 20% discount, a three-track digital music compilation and a new STEAM Skin illustrated by famed FINAL FANTASY artist Isamu Kamikokuryo.

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be available on STEAM for $49.99. The title is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

About FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE
Originally launched in 2006 for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and known for introducing many landmark features to the FINAL FANTASY series, FINAL FANTASY XII takes place in the grand world of Ivalice, where the small kingdom of Dalmasca is caught between warring empires Archadia and Rozarria, Princess Ashe, the lone heir to the Dalmascan throne, has devoted herself to forming a resistance to liberate her homeland while Vaan, a young thief, dreams of flying free in the skies. The story begins when these two fated individuals meet, changing the destiny of the world’s greatest nations.

For the latest assets, please visit the press site at press.na.square-enix.com.

About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 135 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 75 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 63 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/.

© 2006, 2017 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
FINAL FANTASY, THE ZODIAC AGE, the FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. Steam is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation. SteelBook is a trademark of Glud & Marstrand and is marketed globally by Scanavo. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

Attachments

Oct 24, 2017
I didn't know they will release it so soon, I am glad to hear this and I hope I can afford to buy it. If not, I will wait for a while and get a discount, because I really want it.

Nov 3, 2017
Looks pretty good for what was originally a PS2 game. Might buy it, depends on the price. I'm pretty broke right now, haha.

Dec 21, 2017
It's coming, it's coming! Less than 20 days now, so I'm pretty excited for this release, but the price is an issue, pretty much like @mbuzma is saying... :)

Nov 27, 2017
It sounds all nice and all but like others have said if its any more than $19.99 it's not worth it to me. They were charging $39.99 for FFX which was a 10-year-old game that you could probably pick up for a few dollars on the PS2.

P.S. I just don't understand all of these remakes, why do people want remakes instead of new games?

Oct 24, 2017
It looks like a good news. Especially for the steam users who wanted to have their share of the game. In past the console limit was also prevented many. Now the distribution is more and also on steam. So that's a good news indeed.

Nov 3, 2017
It sounds all nice and all but like others have said if its any more than $19.99 it's not worth it to me. They were charging $39.99 for FFX which was a 10-year-old game that you could probably pick up for a few dollars on the PS2.

P.S. I just don't understand all of these remakes, why do people want remakes instead of new games?
Well firstly, I would say that remakes are much easier to do, than making new games. Gamers I believe mostly want remakes of PS1 games, which are now pretty ugly. PS2 games still look just fine, as it was a far more capable console.

Also, I believe this is an HD remaster, not a remake. Possibly in a new engine, not sure.

Nov 10, 2017
I do not really mind a good remake but after a while you do crave something new, and it makes sense that it is much easier to do a remake than make a whole new game, which may explain a lot of these.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game(Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age) on PC will be like playing a new game instead of a remake of the same old game-but with a fresh and improved gaming experience-like improved battle mechanics and a 7.1 surround sound with some fully remastered music. Looks very interesting to me from the Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age PC trailer!

Last edited:

Freeda

Jan 4, 2018
I, for one, can't wait! I think that bringing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age on PC was a really smart idea on somebody's part. I wonder if I'll be able to get it as soon as it gets here or I may have to wait for a discount - depending on the price. All the same, I will definitely find a way to get playing asap.

chikatilo

Jan 5, 2018
OMG, I can't wait!! There's only two days to go, I'm so excited!! I'm just wondering whether the game will run smoothly on my laptop. How can I know for sure?

Here in my country we get all games/movies for free at a few very popular torrent web sites. I hope they upload the game as soon as possible. The screenshots look amazing!

Nov 3, 2017
OMG, I can't wait!! There's only two days to go, I'm so excited!! I'm just wondering whether the game will run smoothly on my laptop. How can I know for sure?

Here in my country we get all games/movies for free at a few very popular torrent web sites. I hope they upload the game as soon as possible. The screenshots look amazing!
I don't think its a very good idea to talk about that kind of thing here, dude.

And you can check system requirements on the game's Steam page. Unless you have an ancient laptop, you should be able to run it smoothly, but who knows with Square Enix and their often shoddy ports.

chikatilo

Jan 5, 2018
I don't think its a very good idea to talk about that kind of thing here, dude.

And you can check system requirements on the game's Steam page. Unless you have an ancient laptop, you should be able to run it smoothly, but who knows with Square Enix and their often shoddy ports.
I apologize if I've said something wrong. The thing is we don't even have official stores here where we can buy the game, so we don't have much of choice regarding this matter.

My laptop is 1 year old, so far it's been running very well, I will check the system requirements on Steam's web site. Thank you.

Feb 22, 2018
I'm definitely getting this. It actually looks better than I imagined.
I know right? Finally, Final Fantasy XII the Zodiac Age is ready for pc and it looks just amazing, I mean look at the graphics. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: