Lightning's early concept

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
I remember on an old interview of the developers. They want Lightning to be a female Cloud Strife, That is why in one of the early concepts she was a blonde.

This is another Early concept of her where is was bleached blonde.

They also considered making her a Ginger, I actually like the redhead look because it fits with her tough and angry personality.

In the end though they decided to give her a Rosegold hair which is a shade of pink. I guess they decided to give her rosegold hair to make her look feminine since her personality is way too tomboy.

Jan 14, 2018
They should have stick with Red hair. Pink hair doesn't fit with Lightning's personality. She have a tough guy persona but gave her the most feminine hair color. The blond hair is way too generic so I am glad they didn't go for that route.

Nov 10, 2017
I think I like the red hair too just because it is a little different and makes her look a little more aggressive, and maybe a little rebellious. Those are always interesting qualities to have and I root for those.

Apr 10, 2018
I like the Rosegold hair. I think it fits her best. They'll also have to redesign her clothes if they go for the Blonde hair.

Overall I think the final design that they went for is perfect. Lightning's character design is one of my favorites.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the way that they have Lightning's hair color now- and the wavy rose-pink hair looks really great on her, I would say. I also think her pale aqua eyes are wonderful as well. If you girls want hair like Lightning's- you could check this video out below(haha)!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018
I think I like the red hair too just because it is a little different and makes her look a little more aggressive, and maybe a little rebellious. Those are always interesting qualities to have and I root for those.
She is already a very harsh and aggressive character so yeah the red hair would have fitted better. She still managed to look tough though despite of the feminine exterior they gave her. The blond hair definitely didn't work that is why it is scrapped. She looks way too much like Lunafreya.

Oct 24, 2017
Her pinkish hair looks so good. Despite her gender, she is so badass and the hair makes her look more feminine. I don't know if giving her blonde hair instead would make her better-looking but I definitely wouldn't go for the red. Making her a female version of cloud was a good move and that is why the blonde hair would have been the best call.

Jan 12, 2018
The Redhair could have made her more appealing to the western audience since pink is way too anime. There is something about Redheads that I like. They look feisty and tougher compared to a rose blonde.

I notice the blond early concept have curly hair but they decided to go for a straighter hair.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: