- Feb 21, 2018
Put down the firework and hot dog and pick up your controller, because no national holiday is an excuse to miss Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. The latest update to the popular MMORPG is live, and it brings with it all this cool stuff!
- New Jobs: Gunbreaker and Dancer –The Gunbreaker is a new tank role who wields the iconic gunblade, utilizing ammo cartridges to protect their party from harm. The Dancer, a ranged attacker, not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also dances to execute abilities which provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Races: Viera and Hrothgar – The rabbit-like Viera are joined by the burly and lion-like Hrothgar, both with unique, customizable features specific to their races.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap will be raised to 80 with the release of Shadowbringers. With this will come new actions for classes and jobs—as well as new foes against which players can hone their skills.
- Trust System – In Shadowbringers, players will have the opportunity to challenge dungeons with a party of trusted non-player characters, including members of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. Traditional party matching systems will remain available.
- New Beast Tribes and Primals – Players will encounter the carefree but cruel pixies in Il Mheg alongside their mighty regent Titania, along with other beast tribes including the Nu Mou and the Dwarves.
- New Content and System Upgrades – Battle system changes, new equipment, crafting recipes and more.
- New Alliance Raid: “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse” - This exciting new 24-man raid written by guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO will see FINAL FANTASY and NieR® come together as never before.
- New High-End Raid: “Eden” – This new high-end raid will feature a new character designed by KINGDOM HEARTS® director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura. The content is schedule to become available on July 16, 2019 with the release of Patch 5.01.
- New Game+ – This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – End-game content for crafters and gatherers.