Final Fantasy XIV players hold a funeral for a Player who died of Covid 19

Jan 14, 2018

This shows how strong is a camaraderie between Final Fantasy XIV players. We are not a toxic community like Mobile Legends, WOW and Dead By Daylight. A known Final Fantasy XIV player died of the virus, and the players held a funeral in her honor. I am amazed at all the number of people who attended the funeral. I know this is only virtual, but it shows how connected this community is. The other online communities out there have nothing but abusive bickering between people.

Look at all the people who made their avatar dress in black to show they mourn for her lost. I feel inspired with this community!

Sharon

Nov 27, 2017
You know what is the irony? Even real life funerals of people are virtual now too but instead of a game, it's via zoom or skype. That is how my uncle's funeral got handled.

This player must be a great person that people mourned her lost and did a virtual funeral in her honor. FF14 community have better attitudes than WOW players. I fully agree that WOW players are toxic.

chikatilo

Jan 5, 2018
I want to show this to people who say gaming is bad. This video shows the sense of community and respect gamers can have with each other. Even the players who are usually trollish became organized and dropped their weapons to attend this burial. In these hard times news like this can be uplifting despite the sadness of the situation.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
I am more of a single-player guy so I never played 11 and 14 but this is a great reflection of what kind of community Final Fantasy XIV has. If I have a faster internet connection I might consider playing online because this looks like a better community than Mobile legends.

Mar 19, 2018
I am really sorry about your uncle @Sharon. My cousin only tested positive but I never checked up on him again. This really touched me. We lack that sense of love and respect now. If we want the world to change we should look at the mirror and change the person you see in that reflection. I never believed this but whoa. I cannot stop thinking how the gamers and people in that community are way better than us.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: