Do you prefer the Japanese dub or the English dub for 13

Sharon

Nov 27, 2017

Hey it's me Sharon, I want to know which voice do you prefer for each character, their English voice or their Japanese voice. This video lets you hear the voices of both Japanese and English cast for 13. I actually like both cast but I hate the overrated voice actor Troy Baker because his voice is in every single freaking video game in existence so I played in Japanese dub with English subtitles. The English cast is good but I have a personal grudge with Snow's English voice actor Troy Baker so I played it in Japanese.

Oct 24, 2017
I lean towards original japanese dub. But the thing is that often the games don't have the subtitles like anime do. So I'd prefer english dub if I want to play the game. But for movies and anime I'd prefer the japanese dub. That's how the original feel of the content comes in.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
I would prefer English dub always because I'm more comfortable listening to English language that I understand easily. But I seriously wouldn't have any issues with Japanese dub as long as it comes with English subtitle.

Anachiwo

Nov 27, 2017
I'm more comfortable with English dub and Japanese dub because English language is what I understand and know better ever since my childhood. Hearing other language and reading subtitles stress my eyes and brain.

Apr 10, 2018
I prefer Japanese dub on almost all Japanese media I consume. I feel the voice actors of the Japanese dub captures the exact emotions that the character needs. English dubs can't quite fit that because some Japanese lines or phrases don't have a direct translation to English. It often only applies to their culture, I guess.

gultubilla

Jan 12, 2018
Fighting games have option that gives you a choice for dubber for each character. I wish we have that option here. There are characters who sounds better in English and there are character who sounds better in Japanese.

I prefer Lightning in English and I prefer Snow in Japanese.

Heatman

Oct 28, 2017
Fighting games have option that gives you a choice for dubber for each character. I wish we have that option here. There are characters who sounds better in English and there are character who sounds better in Japanese.

I prefer Lightning in English and I prefer Snow in Japanese.
Hey, how did you change the color of your typing font? It looks alluring. I love it.

Feb 22, 2018
The English dub was a massive failure, Vanille in English really sucked imo. I didn't totally hate the english dub though, I kind of enjoyed Lightning and Sazh who had the best voices in FFXIII apart from some of the villains in the english dub.

Oct 25, 2017
I have read some wierd things about English and Japanese Dub as well in Final Fantasy 13- like people playing this game in Asia, cannot change the Japanese to English because it is locked over there. And like another lady said in a forum -that the dubs are so bad for our own language- that we want to use another's for dubbing, which is quite funny!

Feb 22, 2018
I have read some wierd things about English and Japanese Dub as well in Final Fantasy 13- like people playing this game in Asia, cannot change the Japanese to English because it is locked over there. And like another lady said in a forum -that the dubs are so bad for our own language- that we want to use another's for dubbing, which is quite funny!
Also FF13: Lightning Returns which I think was released in Asia had a lot of complains from gamers. The game had only traditional Chinese and Korean text, no English text or Japanese voiceovers.

Feb 22, 2018
Also FF13: Lightning Returns which I think was released in Asia had a lot of complains from gamers. The game had only traditional Chinese and Korean text, no English text or Japanese voiceovers.

Apr 22, 2018
The English dub was a massive failure, Vanille in English really sucked imo. I didn't totally hate the english dub though, I kind of enjoyed Lightning and Sazh who had the best voices in FFXIII apart from some of the villains in the english dub.
You are completely right, the English dub was indeeda massive failure.

Mar 19, 2018
Well I prefer the Japanese one, my only real problem with this is that the English sub in this game really doesn't follow the Japanese audio. Mind you I do not understand most of Japanese at all.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: