Do you agree that Final Fantasy VII is overrated?

May 12, 2018
Some say that FFVII is way over-rated, but the primary sense that it would be is only by the sheer volume of great respect that it gets, to which no game can possibly justify in full. However, I believe that it is one of the best games ever made and I think that deserves recognition.

In my humble opinion, FFVII is not over-rated all factors considered. Sure, it has anime-like characters but that is not a reason to downplay the achievement that Square Enix did. Thousands of gamers who probably have not even played the original game complain and rant about how cool it is, but again, it can’t diminish the game. It is one of the best games I have ever played.

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 24, 2017
I don't think it's overrated. It has a good vilian. Something many final fantasy games lack in terms of the vilian that has reasoning. Usually you find such type of the vilians in the anime and manga. And it's really hard to have a mix of concrete plot with action. FF7 is on par with the devil may cry type of the series. So obviously it is more hyped than any other in the series.

Oct 25, 2017
For the times(1997) I would say that FF7 was a good game- the gameplay, story and setting are all pretty good. I think the characters have some interesting personalities- and some people say it was one of the best RPGs ever.
https://youtu.be/n0hVwfD_s-g

Last edited:

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
The only people who says it is overrated are people who are too loyal to the 2d era and the people who have a photo realistic 3d game as their first game. The Fanbase of Final Fantasy are divided into 3 generations.

The oldest fans and the youngest fans are the only ones who have issues with it.

May 12, 2018
If a lot of people can still feel so intense about it to this day, then it is not overrated. Stating the obvious, it has aged poorly graphical-wise, but I played through it again recently in its entirety and had fun. Something that I wouldn't have tried if my love for the game was only because of pure nostalgia.

Bartz_FFV

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2018
Let's see what those people will say once we have a full pledged remake. It is the mystery if we will have the same gameplay though.

Apr 22, 2018
The people who says it is overrated are the same people who are drooling for the remake. Fans are always hard to please you know. I think some of it's haters I think are fans of 6 because it is the most underrated title of the game. Some haters are those who have X,XII,XIII and XV as their first game.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: