Creating Your Own Game Like FF

Jan 14, 2018
Well making a game like Final Fantasy 1 to 6, Is possible to make if you have RPG maker. RPG maker is easy to use that even a child can make games with it. If you want to make a game like 7 to 15. You will be needing a background in programming and coding.

If I will be an Employee of Square Enix, for a change from the Futuristic ,Steam Punk and Medieval settings, I want to see a Final Fantasy game set in 80's. 80's theme is popular these days. 2 of the most popular shows on Netflix is set in the 80's.

I want a cast that looks like they are from the 1980's though they will have futuristic weapons. Imagine an adventure on a futuristic looking 1980's.

Oct 25, 2017
No, I would leave it to the experts like Square Enix- the company that makes Final Fantasy, but they do have a program to make your own video games. Its called RPG Maker and they say you can know nothing about programming, and just use your imagination and their software to bring it all about.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
I wasn't aware it was that easy. Surely it can't be. I mean, everybody would be doing it, right?
According to wiki, hundreds of games were created to date, though none of which I recognize. If the tool/engine doesn't require much programming knowledge, then it most likely is fairly limited in its utility.
I don't think it's a good idea in general, to try and create a game or any other complex app with little or no programming knowledge, if you want to actually profit from it.

Jan 14, 2018
There are some successful RPG maker games like To The Moon ,Undertale and Legionwood.

Legionwood reminds me of Final Fantasy 6 when it comes to gameplay. There are also some Fan Made Final Fantasy games made with it.

Oct 24, 2017
If I were to create game from the scratch then I'd make the FF mix of injustice 2 and the FF's own way of dealing with the game flow. I think summons are good. But they need to add some interesting stuff like mystery, puzzles and the fights like the injustice. I think it's possible for company but they don't work on that part much.

Nov 3, 2017
There are some successful RPG maker games like To The Moon ,Undertale and Legionwood.

Legionwood reminds me of Final Fantasy 6 when it comes to gameplay. There are also some Fan Made Final Fantasy games made with it.
Undertale was made with RPG maker ? Interesting. That seems to be a pretty successful game but I've never even heard of the "To The Moon" and "Legionwood".

Oct 24, 2017
Undertale does not look like something made with RPG engine. It seems to be lot different though. Unity's 2D and 3D engine makes it easy to mix the genres. And so it kind of interesting to see how the game developers work on those and finish the final product.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: