Anyone who remembers Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

Jan 14, 2018
Whenever Final Fantasy 7 have a spin off, it sells a lot but it is always destroyed by Critics. The Fighting Game Energheiz was a hit during it's time but it is now forgotten by today's generation.

During the Ps2 Era Square Enix created a spin off for Final Fantasy 7, starring it's Vampire character Vincent.

This game is a 3rd person shooter set in the Universe of Final Fantasy 7. It is a hit but critics destroyed it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people are asking-who or what is Vincent Valentine? It seems like he is a former turk, who can transform his appearance and also wasn't Vincent in a coffin for 20 years or something like that. He sure has a lot of vampire qualities though, and also is tall and lean and dressed in a ragged red cloak.

Jan 14, 2018
I have a feeling that after 7 gets remaked, We will be getting more 7 spin offs like this one. I just hope Square Enix wont rush the spin offs and hire the right people so the games wont be destroyed by critics again.

Nov 3, 2017
I remember this game actually because I was interested in it at the time. I never did get to play it however since the reviews were pretty harsh on the game, and furthermore it was a shooter and not an RPG, so I decided to not bother.

Jan 14, 2018
I think this game might have been more successful as a hack and slash. Vincent have this Alucard and Dante Vibes going on so making it a shooter didn't work with the critics.

I wonder if we may still see spin offs after this.

Jan 14, 2018
Sometimes there are games that got negative reviews from critics but are actually fun to play. I think Square Enix included this game in a Final Fantasy 7 spin offs compilation.

Feb 22, 2018
So finally I decided to try it. I loved the way the story added some new characters expanding the original story which fused really well with crisis core. I also loved the crazy attack on Midgar ruins.

Jan 14, 2018
Crisis Core is a better Spin off than this one but this game will make you learn more about Vincent. Also it gives Vincent a chance to shine on his own.

People who enjoyed Resident evil 4 may like this one because it is an over the shoulder 3rd person shooter.

Apr 22, 2018
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge Of Cerberus is not one of my favorite in the FF series. I get that Vincent is supposed to be the LC but I really wanted to see them bring Cloud from behind the scenes. Also the cutscenes were really taking so long.

Top Bottom
Hosted By: